Thursday, September 10, 2009






Nam Le






To be honest, I had never heard of Nam Le and I wasn’t expecting to be interested if I went, but I needed the points so I went. It turns out that I once I head Nam Le read to his audience out loud I became interested and fascinated. If anybody would’ve read the passage he read to us, it wouldn’t affect me the way it did. By listening to him, I learned that he is a sincere person and that he has deep and profound feelings. I always thought writing could express someone’s feelings and make others understand them, but what I experienced was deeper than that. He read to us about brotherhood and he made me realize how strong brotherhood could be. I always thought that writing came from the mind, but by listening to Nam Le I learned that it is also possible to write from the heart.

At the end Le allowed the audience to ask him questions and one girl asked why he decided to quit being a lawyer and write. He laughed and said that he hated what he was doing. I admire the fact that he took such action because I’m sure people expected him to be a lawyer and make the big bucks, but he did what he wanted to do instead. This is what a leader should be like. We should never try to do what others want us to do. Instead we should do what we want to do and enjoy it.

I had never met an author and the way I always thought an author would be a serious and intelligent person. Yes Le is incredibly intelligent, but he’s not that serious. When he was answering questions he made several jokes and made us laugh. From listening to him and watching his conduct I noticed that he’s an amazing individual. He is caring, intelligent and he has good principles.







Links?



No comments:

Post a Comment