Monday, September 21, 2009

Road Maps!

I really enjoyed watching all the road maps. They were all unique in their own way and there was something I really liked about each one of them.


Veronica

I really like how close Veronica is to her family. I love the way she expresses herself about her father. She describes him as the ideal dad. If my parents were still together I know I'd want my dad to be like Veronica's dad. I also like how she's so close to her sister and her family in general. I've never been that close to my family, but it'd be nice to spend time with them all like Veronica does. It's hard to get such a big family together, but they manage to do so and that's admirable. The quote that Veronica said that her dad always tells her ("Dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres") reminded me of my aunt because she used to always tell me that when she thought I was hanging out with the wrong crowd. One of the songs she included in her video really reminded me of my house. My mother always played Mana's music when we were at home and it was nice to remember the old times.
Jonae
Jonae and I have something in common. We're both from El Paso! Even though we went to different schools I know where she comes from and vise-versa. I like how she had about five pictures of the cheer leading squad/her friends. I know how close team members are because I'm extremely close to people I ran cross country with. It may be a different sport, but it applies to all of us. Her aunt's story gave me the goose bumps. I've always admired people who know how to fight, and more so people who fight for their life. It doesn't matter how strong we are physically, but how strong we are mentally and I'm amazed by the way this woman has fought. It's sad how we sometimes think that we have it bad and just when we're ready to give up, we meet people like Jonae's aunt.
Jonae's trip to New York sounds like a fun experience. I've always wanted to go to New York and watch a Yankees game so it was definitely nice to see all the pictures she took. I also thought that her wish of being a queen came true. Being homecoming queen is something that she's always going to remember.


Ashley




Ashely's video was fun to watch as well. I like the fact that she loves her culture because I love it as well. Like Ashley, I try to practice my spanish because it's a beautiful language and I don't want to be embarrased when I go to Mexico. Elephants aren't appreciated often and it's neat that they're Ashley's favorite animal. I never thought much about elephants until Ashley pointed out how amazing they are. The part on the video where her house was burned and she realized that "a house is just a house". Most people would be destroyed by something like this happening to them, but Ashley and her family are recovering from it and they value what is important in life.














No comments:

Post a Comment